Scale Your Revenue With CPG Sales & Marketing Alignment.
Table of Contents
The Consumer Packaged Goods Dilemma
Encompassing hundreds of retail categories and millions of products, the CPG industry is one of the most unique and dynamic in the world. High sales velocities and routine consumer replenishment make it easy for companies to focus on shiny objects and forget about the holistic revenue, marketing, and sales strategies that allow them to function efficiently and scale revenue.
House of Revenue approaches CPG revenue growth from a holistic standpoint by aligning marketing, sales, and automation strategies to achieve the revenue scale you are seeking. As industry competition grows and categories continue to become more saturated, this type of approach has never been more critical in establishing brand loyalty and earning coveted market share from current or established brands.
4 Keys to Success When Scaling CPG
Alignment between sales and marketing on go-to-market strategy.
Supply chain management positioned for scale and growth.
Cohesive brand presence across all consumer touchpoints, both digital and physical.
Listening to your customers, both direct consumers and retailers.
Are Your Marketing & Sales Efforts Aligned?
Achieving scale requires your revenue engine to be running synergistically, meaning your sales, marketing, and RevOps teams must share the same vision, strategy, and execution plan. Our revenue experts work as a direct extension of your team to create company-wide synergies that maximize the results of your efforts.
Market Your Product Strategically
- Digital and Physical Traffic — It’s critical to funnel consumer traffic to digital and e-commerce platforms through tactful inbound marketing, as well as drive customers to brick-and-mortar locations by executing in-store demos, couponing, end cap or unique merchandising programs, and creative co-op marketing activations retail partners.
- Omnichannel Strategy — The rise of digital purchasing makes it critical to have a comprehensive omnichannel strategy that fuses e-commerce and in-store shopping, delivering seamless messaging and shopping experiences across all channels.
- Social Media — Build loyalty and trust among younger buyers through intentional social media interaction.
- Customer Input — Whether it’s a consumer or retailer, listen to your customers’ recommendations to improve products, marketing, merchandising, customer experience, and your value proposition as a retail supplier.
Master Your Sales Process
- Go-to-Market Strategy — The sales department must have a clear and purposeful understanding of who they are selling to, where they are selling, why those channels were chosen, and how their sales efforts are being supported by the marketing team.
- Target Audience — Your product has a niche, and it’s imperative to tap into that specific audience to offer your brand or product as a valuable component of their routine purchase pattern.
- Value Alignment — Defining, targeting, and understanding your audience creates the opportunity to strategically position your product as a solution for a customer challenge, or stand out as a great retail supplier by filling a gap in their shelf assortment and generating incremental value for their category.
- Collaboration — Retailers need to know how you will drive traffic to their store — in-person or digital — prior to placement, so collaborate with your marketing team to demonstrate that value.
Learn Our Process & Build Your House Today.
Fun fact: most House of Revenue™ clients have millions of dollars of revenue waiting to be sold in their existing customer base. One of the quickest paths to increasing your ROI is developing strategic account plans for each client that lead to a significant increase in profitable revenue.